I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, August 7, 2010

8.7.10

Proverbs 20:27 The Lord's light penetrates the human spirit, exposing every hidden motive.

My Thoughts

This verse should really make us think... and make us try our best to always in large and small situations do our best to do what is right and honorable in God's sight... so often the person we try to hide our motives from are ourselves... I will give you an example of something that I did just a couple of days ago... I made toasted pound cake (this is a great snack or breakfast by the say)... anyway I made toasted pound cake for John-Robert (my son) and me... two pieces each...one was the end of the pound cake...I did not want the end piece... and when I thought that I knew I should take it because I should give John-Robert the other... just to be sweet and kind... not selfish... so I decided.. (to deceive myself) to ask John-Robert which plate he wanted.... and just let him pick... I wasn't going to, but I did tell him one was an end piece ...I got another moment of conscience there...oh but I kept going.. working on getting the plate I wanted...but I wanted it guilt free..... and he said I will take the one with the end piece.... I walked away happy that I got the "good" pieces... with a clear conscience (I thought)... but God knew I was not being as kind as I was trying to look... God knew that I was still trying to get the best plate ...and I was trying to do it without feeling selfish... God's light penetrated my human spirit exposing every hidden motive... That what just a piece of pound cake.. or was it...actually that was a demonstration of how selfish I can be at times.... when we have that nudge to do something sweet and kind... we should act on it... its the Holy Spirit inside us guiding us to do what is right... and good... and pure....  we should not deceive others.. we should not deceive ourselves... we CAN NOT deceive God...
I hope that you have a blessed day.  Hugs, Jeannie

No comments: