I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, August 15, 2010

8.15.10

1 Corinthians 10:13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.  And God is faithful.  He will not allow the temptations to be more than you can stand.. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

My Thoughts
So often we feel alone in our temptations and troubles... the devil wants us to believe we are the only people who feel the way we feel so that he has a better chance to take hold of our lives.  The truth is we are all tempted by the same things... we all go through the same troubles at one time or another on one level or another... and all of us... each and every one of us can be strong if we call out to God and give our troubles and temptations to him... God will always show us a way out... God will always help us endure... we just have to ask him!...Don't let the devil isolate you and make you feel alone!... others will understand...and God is always with you...walking right there beside you!!... just reach out and take his hand and say "lead me God and I will follow." (Oh how I needed this very verse today!)

No comments: