I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, August 29, 2010

8.29.10

Psalms 43:5 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God I will praise him again -- my Savior and my God!
My Thoughts
So many times when we feel distressed or hopeless... overwhelmed... we can get so focused on our problems that we forget to ask God for help... we can't even think how to ask God for help.... we sometime don't even think God can help us... we put up a wall between us and God ... by not turning to him.... a good way to turn this around is by praising God... when we find ourselves overwhelmed, or hopeless, depressed or anxious if we will learn to just start thanking God and praising God (I am so working on this one) then the other words will come... our faith that God will help us in our time of need will be restored... praise is a wonderful way to break down that wall we have built between us and God... praise makes us open to all the possibilities of God word.... so this week when you find yourself in a difficult situation... or you are worried... or feel despair... instead of letting thought of defeat run wild in your head.... start praising God... see if the answer doesn't come much easier that way!

2 comments:

jules said...

Thank you Jeannie, for sharing that with me. I needed to hear that today. You are such an inspiration to me. I love your cards and I enjoy your bible verses. You are an encouragement to so many people. Take care and have a great week! Julie

Jeri Jo said...

Wow - I've been having the worst day, depressed and anxious about several issues and I was feeling exactly that; this isn't a "God thing"...I have to fix myself. Am I ever wrong!? That's the worst thing I could do...thanks for the encouraging words and reminder that God is always there especially during these times.