I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, August 20, 2010

8.20.10

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind.  Live is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand it's own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth winds out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

My Thoughts
Jesus commanded that we love one another... even our enemy... that we treat each and every person with love... and the Bible tells us here, exactly what love is.... love is an action word... spend just one day... one day treating everybody in your path by being patient and kind.... go one day without being jealous or boastful or proud or rude... with anybody.... go one day without demanding your own way but giving others their way..... go one day without being irritable on the outside even when you feel it on the inside... .go a whole day without thinking about or fretting over how somebody has wronged you...... go one day without rejoicing when something bad happens to somebody else.... rejoice for one day when love and truth wins out... rejoice every time you see it happen that day by saying "Thank You God!".... Don't give up on what you are doing... or on being good and sweet and kind for a whole day.... spend a whole day with hope in your heart... and do what is right through every circumstance no matter what anybody else is doing... Be love, act in love... remember what God says that love is.... what if the whole world did this at one time!!... Wow!

No comments: