I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, August 12, 2010

8.17.10

Psalms 32:8-9 The Lord says, " I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you.  Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control."

My Thoughts
Oh this is powerful if you think about it!...When we love God, he is going to take care of us... he wants to do it by teaching us right from wrong (reading the Bible we find out these things) and talking to us (prayer and listening).  If we do these things God can gently lead us like a Shepard leads sheep. But if we love God and he knows it and we don't listen he has to take more drastic measure he has to keep us under control like when a parent takes something from a child  or grounds him to get his attention.  God doesn't want to use these measures... but because he loves us he will get our attention. God will say see what happens when you don't listen... now  don't make me do this again... you do what you know is right!... Silly child come and talk to me... let me help you along the way... I don't want to use a bit and bridle to keep you safe, to keep you busy but I will if I have to.  God loves us enough to discipline us if he as to.  God even tells us here in his word please seek after me...talk to me, listen to me... let me guide you because I don't want to do this the hard way... but I love you and I will if I have to!.

No comments: