I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 30, 2010

8.30.10

Job 34: 31-32 “Why don’t people say to God, ‘I have sinned, but I will sin not more‘? Or ‘I don’t know what evil I have done -- tell me. If I have done wrong, I will stop at once’?


My Thoughts

I think that today we think it is enough to say “God forgive me of my sins” and we go on to repeat the same sins over and over. But God ask us to sin no more.. Which means with great effort we can go without sin if we try… we get so caught up in the fact that we are human so that we are going to sin that we just sin and ask forgiveness for our sins… in that general way … and live tomorrow the same way that we lived today. Here it tells us that we should ask God to reveal our sins to us so that we can stop committing that sin… it is very important for us to repent of our sins by what they actually are… Dear God please forgive me for being unkind to ______ today…. Dear God please forgive me for being selfish when I was distributing the work load today... Dear God please forgive me for__________…. We do not fool God about what our actually sins are by not stating them… we only fool ourselves… we don’t hide those sins from God, we hide those sins from us… and go on to repeat them over and over… God doesn't’t ask us to name/repent of our sins to embarrass us… he wants us to name our sins so that we are totally, fully aware of them… being totally aware of exactly what our sins are empowers us with the ability to be overcome that very sin…. The only way to be sin free… the only way to “go forth and sin no more” is to know what sins we have committed so that we can stop! …. When we ask God "What were my sins God?", we are often surprised at what we have done…. we need to remember when we  are in prayer… when we are talking to God… God already knows!… and God is always willing to forgive… we need to be willing to hear… and willing to do better… Today it may be hard to hear what we have done wrong… but if we are willing to hear and do better then tomorrow we can face God with one less sin in our lives because we have learned to learn… and we are more aware… and we are stronger, more able to do what is right… we are a step closer to sinning no more… because we were brave enough to ask… humble enough to listen…. And wise enough to remove one more sin from our lives.

No comments: