I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 31, 2010

7.31.10

Romans 14:12-13  Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God.  So let's stop condemning each other.  Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.

My Thoughts
It says earlier in chapter 14:1 accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them about what they think is right or wrong... I believe that this is so important!...and here is a true story that happened to me that illustrates whey we should be so careful to encourage other believers and not condemn them... years ago by husband and I  ate dinner with a couple, he knew the husband... I hardly knew the wife...they were big into church (still are)... and we were going to church here and there... but I loved God... and I was being good, and sweet and kind...and I wanted to do the right things!... and I was getting there... well that night nothing I said was right, nothing!...(and some things were!)... and I could not even finish a thought and get to my point without a scripture being thrown at me... I was insulted, using God's word at every turn... I felt like she thought I was trash, the devil in disguise... and I can tell you that I may not always do the right thing...but I am a good, kind person... by the time I left that house I was angry, I felt defensive of myself... I didn't defend myself... after all I was  not allowed to finish a sentence.... (she was never really unkind... just unaprove-ing of all that I said)..... but I walked out the door of that house... with that person that was apparently trying to get  me to live right...and I did not go back to church for 10 years... because, I thought,  if that is the kind of people that are in church,  I don't want to be in church... this Christian person had pushed me away from God... we should encourage people by our actions... not condemn people with our words... we should be the love of God!... our actions as Christians should be the proof that God loves us always, and will forgive us always... Christians should be the proof that grace abounds... we should be the place of refuge when somebody does something wrong, the person they can go to to cry to when they figure it all out...and we should love them and hug them and pray with them for God's forgiveness, we should encourage every step toward serving God no matter how small... because each step leads to another... we should never, NEVER be the person that says you are not doing this good enough, you are not doing this right, you do not love God good enough!... We should be the place of comfort, encouragement, love, forgiveness and help.. we should are suppose to strive to be like God! We need to be and example of grace and mercy and love... we need to act like Christians.

No comments: