I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 3, 2010

7.3.10

Psalms 1:2 But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night.

My Thoughts
The definition of meditate is 1 : to engage in contemplation or reflection 2 : to engage in mental exercise (as concentration on one's breathing or repetition of a mantra) for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness - transitive verb 1 : to focus one's thoughts on : reflect on or ponder over 2 : to plan or project in the mind :

God wants us to think about what he wants us to do, how he wants us to conduct ourselves at all times.... God wants us to remember what he wants for us.... to know he is with us always in all ways... He wants us to be in constant awareness so that we will always be kind, loving our neighbor as ourselves, God wants us to always, always, always in every situation to stop and ask "God how do you want me to handle myself in this situation or conversation" and listen for the answer. To be able to meditate on what God wants from us, both day and night, we have to know God's word and be in constant prayer. It is a lot like taking care of your money...at first it is hard and takes lots of effort...then it gets  a bit easier and easier..... and then all the sudden you find yourself with more instead of less... and then it just becomes second nature to do what is right with handling your money.. and you have some to pay the bills with, and some to enjoy and some in reserve for things that come up.... if we store God's word in our heart so much so that we can always meditate on it... it will help us get through the normal day, it will give us peace and relaxation when we have time to enjoy life...and it will keep us strong during tough times... I always think of putting money in the bank as buying peace of mind... when you put God's words in your heart your are buying peace of heart.

No comments: