I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 26, 2010

7.26.10

Psalms 20:7-9 Some nations boast of their chariots and horses, but we boast in the name of the Lord our God. Those nations will fall down and collapse, but we will rise up and stand firm. Give victory to our king, O Lord! Answer our cry for help.

My Thoughts
As long as the Children of Israel were giving thanks to the Lord, as long as they were proud of what God had done for them... as long as they gave God the credit they were a strong nation... they had everything they needed!!... but once they became proud of themselves, once they started proving themselves by what they had instead of proving themselves by the power and love of God, they fell... we will fail as a country if we forget what God has done for us... if we don't remember that all that we have is because God gave it to us... we will fail as a country if we keep trying to keep up with our neighbors... trying to prove ourselves through things and greed and power!... We must bow down and thank God...we must declare God as the great leader of our country, our state, our city, our neighborhood, our home, our life.... we must learn to live in God's guidelines... we must learn to thank God for all that we have... we must learn to give God the credit for all that we have... we must learn to trust God in all that we do... we must learn to say it doesn't matter what I have... it matters that I love God... we must remember that if we love God and put God first in all that we do... that the rest will fall into place...and when the rest falls into place we must remember that God is why we have who we have, God is why we have what we have, God is why we have the ability to earn what we earn... God is why... and we must quit boasting of our chariots and horses... we must boast in the name of the Lord our God!

No comments: