I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 12, 2010

7.12.10

I Chronicles 13:14 The Ark of God remained there in Obed-edom's house for three months, and the Lord blessed the household of Obed-edom and everything he owned.

My Thoughts
God's spirit lived inside the Ark of God when he was with  the Israelites... and because Jesus died for our sins the Holy Spirit can come and live inside of us!!... the Lord blessed the house of Obed-edom and everything, everything he owned, because the Holy Spirit lives inside of us as Christians God will bless us... I am sure that Obed-edom did everything possible to live like God wanted him to, worshiped God all the time, God was right there with Obed-edom, in his house! I believe Obed did everything he could to please God and he was blessed for it...I believe that the Holy Spirit lives inside of us when we become Christians and we should act just as Obed did when God lived with him... I believe the Ark was the center point of Obed's home...and the Holy Spirit should be the center point of our lives and we will be blessed just as Obed was... do you think God would have blessed Obed if he had put the Ark of God in the closet, hidden it from everybody??... I don't think so ... when we don't put God center in our lives we lose the blessings of God... but when we put God center in our lives...it shows in all we do and say and then God will want  to bless us just like he blessed Obed.

No comments: