I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 17, 2010

7.17.10

Luke 6:38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

My Thoughts
We live in such a me, me world... What can I have?  What can I buy?  What can I get?   But God ask us to do for others.. to give... and God will reward us for that giving... but we must give from our heart... for all the right reasons... imagine what life would be like if everybody was looking for a way to give to people.. a way to give back to God for the things he has done for us...not only would you be giving to others, others would be giving to you... and I know without a doubt that what you give would  be more rewarding to your heart than what you get from others... imagine Black Friday (that big shopping day after Thanksgiving)... People have been killed on that day!... trying to GET... is that really what God would want...us to be grabber and takers and shovers??... is that really the way to start off the Holiday Season... imagine if we all took that day to be kind... to let others have the last best toy... the last best deal... imagine if we were all sweet and kind and giving on that day... if when we stood at the register and somebody had to put something back we said no, no don't do that... here I have $3... or $10... if God presses down, shakes together to make room for more what a wonderful Christmas we would have!!!... Look around you today... find a way to give!... Give a smile, a helping hand, food, clothing, give a hug... when you find yourself wanting today... stop and find something to do for somebody else and see if that fulfills your heart better than anything you could buy!

No comments: