I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 6, 2010

5.6.10

Proverbs 14:26 Those who fear the Lord are secure; he will be a refuge for their children.

My Thoughts
The definition of fear is... dread or alarm in facing danger; profound reverence and awe.... when the Bible talks about fear of the Lord it is referring to profound reverence and awe... reverence means profound respect....and awe means an overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration... so if we respect God enough to do what he ask... if we admire him... be in wonder of him... he will be a refuge for our children!!!.. refuge means safety; a safe place. Proverb is defined as a basic truth... which says to me that it is a basic truth that if we respect and admire God he will keep our children safe... is there in better reason in the world to do what God ask... to talk to God... to learn his word and seek wisdom... so if you don't make time for God for  yourself... make time for God so your children will be safe.

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thank you for sharing each day.... I look forward to coming and spending time here each and every day.