I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5.18.10

John 10:9-10 (Jesus said)"Yes, I am the gate.  Those who come in thought me will be saved.  They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.  The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy, My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life."

My Thoughts

The devil is just like a drug... he makes you feel good draws you in with euphoria.... just to steal everything, he has seemed to give you, away... and in the end you are so dependent on him.... and so miserable..he has stolen you joy, your peace, your happiness, your livelihood, your family... the devil can get such a hold on you that you feel like you can never get back to the beautiful pasture... he keeps you a prisoner outside the gates.... Jesus is the gate to God and all his great promises... God's promises are true and just and wonderful... when God promises it is a forever promise... when God gives you joy he won't take it from you... he will also give you peace, love, happiness... God will increase your livelihood and your family.... Jesus said  "my promise is to give a rich and satisfying life."  A rich and satisfying life!!... you are free to come and go... but the best part you are free to stay in the beautiful pasture with all the wonderful promises of God... take time with God... stay inside that gate and so your life will be richly blessed in all things.


No comments: