I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 10, 2010

5.10.10

John 6:27 Jesus said "But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food.  Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval."

My Thoughts
How often do we spend our days worrying about how we are going to buy groceries, or buy our kids school clothes for the next year.... I have personally paced the floor for hours spending time with worry about how to do, how to get, which bill to pay first, who to please.... I was brought up by a worrier who was brought up by a worrier..... and boy have I wasted my time worrying!!... just think how much more I would have accomplished if I had just sat down with my Bible and read God's great words of wisdom.... if I had prayed... and sat quietly and listened to God's voice within me..... I would have lots and lots of conversations with God under my belt.... and lots of words of wisdom in my heart... and those conversations and those words would have helped me store up treasures in heaven... and I would have been walking right next to God who provides all that I need.... looking back my kids always had school clothes... my tummy was always full.... my bill were always paid... and I spent so much wasted time pacing the floor...when I could have spent time in prayer and in God's word.... just think how much better those meals would have been, how many fewer bills there would have been to pay... how many more clothes my kids would have had if I had just walked with God more!!!.... I am learning... and like the preacher said I am a work in progress.... next time I feel myself worrying... which I already do lots and lots less because I spending time with God...but next time I feel myself worrying I will stop and pray... or I will pick up my Bible and read... I will seek the peace that passes all understanding... instead of trying to figure it out all on my own... and when I do that the answers will be there... without the worry!!  Praise God!!

No comments: