I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, May 22, 2010

5.22.10

Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the godly think carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.

My Thoughts
The Bible tells us in Matthew 15:18 But the things which come from the mouth come from the heart.  And hear in Proverbs is clearly  says the heart thinks carefully before speaking!.... then it is confirmed in Matthew that what comes our of our mouth comes from our heart. Ephesians 4:29 it says Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to hearers... I believe we want to be good, caring, kind people but we let life get in the way, and when we do that the devil sneaks into our heart and uses our words to harm, to drive wedges in relationships, to destroys families, to make us look bad... the devil is always waiting to sneak into our hearts...and when bad things come out of our mouth the devil has so accomplished what he set out to do he has planted evil!.... so we need to be careful of our words, guard them!... be mindful of our words... we so like to believe that even when we are spreading gossip, or judging people, or saying unkind things, standing around talking about people, complaining, etc. that we have a good heart... that God will judge our heart not our words... but it says over and over in the Bible that what comes out of our mouth comes from our heart... so when you have a thought come to your head that is not good or edifying ask God to remove that thought from you before it becomes a part of your heart and comes out of your mouth... if you hear yourself saying things you shouldn't say remind yourself that that is not how you want to represent your heart, ask forgiveness and learn to do better... remember if our heart is good the words from out mouth will be good also.

No comments: