I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, May 15, 2010

5.15.10

Psalms 111:10 Fear of the lord is the foundation of true wisdom.  All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise him forever!

My Thoughts
Fear in this case means profound reverence and awe.... if we love the Lord with all our heart.... do what he ask us to do... then we will grow in wisdom!!.... have you ever met one of those people that just seemed to have all the answers???... even when you didn't like their answers you somehow knew that what they told you to do was right and just an good.... they always made you wonder if you could ever be wise as they were??...I bet they had fear of the Lord.... I bet they listened to God and did what God asked.... I bet they studied their Bible..... I bet that you thought of that person as good to the bone!!!...  were they also the kind of person you wouldn't want to go to for advice when you knew you were making the wrong decision but wanted to do what you wanted to do?.... I bet that person had the wisdom that God will bless you with when you are living like God ask you to live!.... Have you ever thought "oh I wish I was that smart?"... well we can be...God will bless us with wisdom... if we seek Him... the more we seek after God the more wisdom we will get!!.... wouldn't it be so wonderful to feel really secure in the decisions you make in your life!!... well you can if you have profound reverence ans awe of the Lord and obey his commandments... and praise him every time, every time things are good in your life, in your week, in your day!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh Jeannie, this is truly a great blog. I wish more people in the world would understand the meaning behing of this scripture. Fear of the Lord is absolutelythe key to true wisdom.