I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5.19.10

Proverbs 15:21 Foolishness brings joy to those with no sense; a sensible person stays on the right path.

My Thoughts

We all can be foolish even when we are trying our best to walk with God...and do what God ask... we can get so caught up in a moment of "me" that we loose sight that if we do what God ask  that we forget the rewards will be so much greater down the road.... like Joyce Meyer says you plant the seed... the seed has to grow, that takes time... then the harvest comes.  Sometimes we have to wait on God to groooooooooooooooooow the seed. A good example of this is how we spend our money... we go shopping and see something we "have to have" knowing, knowing that we don't have the money to get it, then we ignore, completely ignore the fact that God doesn't want us to be in debt, Proverbs 22:7 “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.”....  but for that moment of instant gratification, for that second of joy we forget this and we put that "toy" on credit and become a slave to "Master Card" for a moment of joy and many sleepless nights of fear about how in the world will we pay this bill or that bill.... foolishness brings short lived joy!.... just think if had done what God would want  and not been a borrower for that toy but saved for it.... it would have cost you less.... if you had needed the money for something else you would have had it and probably not missed the toy... and money is just one example... Does God want to give us joy? you bet he does!!...but he want is to be constant joy... no the joy foolishness brings.... so next time you are in for that moment of joy ask yourself "Would this be a decision God would want me to make?", or does he have a bigger joy for me after my seeds groooooooooow?.... and answer yourself honestly...don't evey get caught up in that fool yourself with "God will provide" if you are not doing what God ask of you.

No comments: