I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 24, 2010

5.24.10

John 13:34-35 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you love each other.  Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

My Thoughts
Jesus said this to his disciples at the last super... these men were very different from each other... the lived with each other day in and day out... they did not always see eye to eye... some days I am sure it was really hard to be loving to each other... but that is what Jesus ask of them... not only were they to love each other...they were to love each other as much as Jesus loved them!... When we become children of God we are his disciples as we are expected to do the same... to love the people around us... even when we don't always like them... as much as Jesus loves us... not that is a lot of loving!!!.... We are ask to do this to prove to the world that we are children of God... what is love... it tell us in I Corinthians 13:4 what love it it says: Love is patient and kind.  Love is  not jealous or boastful or proud, or rude. It does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, it is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. This is not always easy loving everybody around you!!... but God never said it would be easy... but God did say He would reward us for doing what he ask of us.... remember the definition of Love... what God tells us love is... and go out today and love everybody... even the people that are hard to love... just as Jesus loves us when we are hard to love.

No comments: