I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5.11.10

Psalms 107:2 Has the Lord redeemed you? Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies.


My Thoughts
Redeemed means to buy back; to save by payment of a ransom; to free from the consequences of sin.... God redeemed us by giving Jesus as payment for our sin... he bought us back!!... as Christians if we are doing our best to do our best... it we are walking with God each day, talking with God each day, reading his word each day... doing our best to do what God wants in our lives.... God will free us from the consequences of our sins!!!... when we are his children and we mess up... but we are trying our best God will fix things for us...isn't that exciting!!!... God will save us from the the enemy(evil) that tries to take hold of us and lead us to sin and sin and sin so much that we get lost from God....but when we walk with God he will protect us from all of that!!...and in return he wants us to tell people all about how he has protected us... about how he paid our ransom.... about how he is with us... and the things he does for us each and every day... it is our job to make sure that the people that we come in contact know what God is doing in our lives ... if we share the great and wonderful love and grace of God others will want what we have...and God ask us to share!!... so today tell somebody something God has done for you!!!...if they say why are you so happy tell them why!!... that God does so much for you that you can't help but be happy.... if they ask how you got over your cold so fast tell them it was God... if they ask how you keep from worring ... say I gave all my worries to God and he takes care of them.... you know the things that God has done in your life.....show God and others how thankful you are that God has redeemed you!

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

God is good to me ALL the time! Thank you for reminding us to tell others!