I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 4, 2010

5.4.10

Proverbs 14:22 If you plan to do evil, you will be lost; if you plan to do good, you will receive unfailing love and faithfulness.

My Thoughts

Oh I so tried to write about something different today... I kept picking out a different verse from my daily Bible reading...by my eyes kept coming back to this verse... so I just felt that God was nudging me.... so I looked up evil...it means several things  bad, sinful, of the devil, it also means  something that brings sorrow, distress, or misfortune... we like to think of evil as larger than these things.... murder, torture, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson.... pure from the devil complete evil... but evil is simpler than that and we need to guard against it... when you are at work and you head straight toward the break room to talk about somebody that is sin... and sin is evil.... when we are at work and we don't give our employer 100% that day... that is sin... and sin is evil... mind you 100% of ourselves can change from day to day... but we are to do our best at work to give that days 100%..... this one will be very unpopular... but its important.. if we overspend and are not good stewards of our money ... that is sin... sin is evil.... if we gossip ... that is sin... sin is evil... you can think of many examples... I know I can... I myself can be so lazy... laziness is sin.. sin is evil.... and I promise you I never thing of that as evil.... but I will have to rethink it for sure... when you want to be aware you know when you sin.... and we don't want to be lost from God... sin, evil separates us from God... goodness brings us closer to God.... being kind, doing our work to the best of our ability, cleaning the kitchen instead of taking a nap first, spending time in the break room saying nice things about people and building them up... Today try this... anytime you feel yourself about to do something that is wrong...think of something that is good to replace it with... if you are about to talk about somebody... think of something nice to say ... even if you have to pick somebody else to say it about... if you find yourself at work saying I am not going to be the only person doing that!!... stop and say I am at work I will do my job... if you want a nap (me) clean the kitchen first... when we are tempted to buy something we don't have to have when money is tight a "toy", a item of clothing that we don't have money for... put it back... and the list goes on...and see how you feel at the end of the day!!!... see if you don't feel God's love... see if you don't feel joy... see if that nap you take after you clean the kitchen first isn't a more restful nap... go about your day planing to do good!
hugs
Jeannie

No comments: