I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 13, 2010

5.13.10

1 Samuel 14:6b Jonathan said to his armor bearer. "Perhaps the Lord will help us, for nothing can hinder the Lord. He can win a battle whether he has many warriors or only a few!"

My Thoughts
God won Jonathan's battle that day!!...  and saved many men!!... Jonathan listened to God...did the things God asked and God was with Jonathan... when we spend time with God, listening to him, learning his word, doing what God ask of us, then he is with us in our daily battles... just like he was with Jonathan!!.... we need nobody on our side but God!!..... if you wake up today and it seem like a battle just to go to work... stop and talk to God... ask him to help you!!...  Matthew 7:7 Jesus says "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened." ... when we need God to help us...and that is always, we have to ask... God is polite he isn't going to intrude unless he is invited... we need to invite God into all parts of our life!!... just as Jonathan invited God into battle with him... Then nothing can hinder our progress because God is with us... fighting our battles for us!!.


1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thank you, "we need nobody on our side but God!!" I needed this reminder today!