I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5.12.10

Proverbs 15:4 Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit..

My Thoughts
Gentle means kind, mild mannered, soft... deceitful means not honest, misleading, deceptive.....In Mark 13:31 Jesus says to Love your neighbor as yourself... would you want somebody talk about you dishonestly, or in a misleading way... to be deceptive about how that represented you.... or would you want someone to say kind things about you... we need to treat people like we want to be treated... love them like we love our-self.... and no matter how they treat us as Christians we are to be kind... to be gentle.... if someone is being deceitful and crushing our spirit don't we crush our own spirit even more if we become like the person that has been hurtful to us??..... I know its hard to be nice to someone who says bad things about you, someone that leaves you with their work to do...it can be really hard... the devil sneaks in your heart through you hurt and frustration... try this for a week and see if it changes you...and maybe even the people around you... every time you want to talk about someone because you are frustrated with them, angry with them, mad at them... say something good about them!!... brag on them!!... pick out something that the do right!!.... be the person of gentle words!!!... talk about them in the same way you would want them to talk about you.... practice this for a whole week!!... and see if it changes you both!!!...when you walk up to your best friend at work to say  he/she gets on my nerves so bad when he/she does ______. ... substitute that will he/she is so good at, he/she looks so nice today.... if it doesn't change the other person it will change you... be the tree of life, not the person that crushes the spirit and God will bless you!


1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is so true, people would act and react so differently if our words were always seasoned with kindness and love and positive things.