I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5.5.10

Psalms 105:1 Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.  Let the whole world know what he has done.

My Thoughts
So often we think that it is the preachers, or the deacons that are supposed to be the witnesses for God... for what Jesus has done... but we are all supposed to do just that... the world will only know about God if we all go forward and tell about the things God has done for us.... and God will give us the opportunity to do so.... different people will respond to different personalities... to different stories about how God has changed  lives... we need to trust that God will give us the right words to say to the people we come in contact with... and God ask us to do this gently and kindly... not  offensively ... one of the best ways to be a witness of God's great love and power is to live your own life in a way where God is showering us with his love and blessings... we need to so  be walking God's love that people see the joy in our lives... when people see us glowing with God's love they will ask us what makes us so happy... what makes our life work ... then we will have a chance to be the witness God wants us to be... if we live in the will of God... he will change our life so much that people will ask what gives us joy... what makes us able to do good in the presence of unkindness... people will ask how can we be so forgiving.....how we can turn the other cheek.... people will ask why we glow... where our joy comes from... people will ask what gives us strength in the face of adversity.... and then we can do our part in letting the world know what God has done for us... we can be the witness God ask us to be.... lets live our life today being what God wants us to be... doing what God asks us to do... loving our neighbor as ourselves... so that we will so be filled with God's strength and love and joy that people ask.

No comments: