I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 30, 2012

11.30.12

1 John 1:5-7 This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is on darkness in him at all.  So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth.  But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. 
 
My Thoughts
I was pondering this trying to find a way to put it into my mind in a way that I could understand it.
 
Let me put my ending at the front...then I will tell you how I got to my ending.   But the ending that is what we have to understand. 
 
God is not saying show me you love me!!!! Prove it!!!! He is saying please don't be fooled ... if you actions don't show that you love me there is something missing. Find out what is missing ... I don't want to loose you to the darkness. God is not saying prove it to me!! God is saying look at yourself and if your actions don't show that you love me ... you are in trouble... I want you to recognize that!! I love you!! I want you to be safe. Please take time and get to know Me so you can love me!! When you love Me I can save you!!!
 
Here is how I got there... here is my beginning.....
 
 
When we fall in love, really fall in love with someone we want to be with them all the time!!  All the time. If we have to stay up late to just  hear their voice on the phone after they get off work, we say up late!  If we have to get up before sunrise because they want to take us to see the sunrise with them we do!!  We hang on their every word.  We ask them questions.  If we don't like to read but they want us to read their favorite book...we at least try!  If we find out that they love how we look in blue all of the sudden everything we buy new to ware has blue in it.  If we could find a book written about their life we would read it to feel close to them in their absence.  If they write us a love letter we read it over and over and over.  We can't get enough of someone when we fall in love.  We want to be in their presence!! If we ran into them in the mall we would not hide from them we would run to them, excited to see them! We do all we can to love them and please them.
 
When we walk in light we are walking with God.  When we choose to do wrong we are hidden from God, we are in darkness.   We have a book about God that tells us all we need to know.. it even has love letters in it to us about how much God loves us.  It tells us what we can do to be more beautiful to God.  It tells us what pleases God and what displeases God.  It tells us just how much God loves us.  When we love God we should want to pick up His book and know everything we can about Him. God is always with us. When we love God we are aware of His presence and we use that opportunity to talk to Him and to listen when He talks to us.  When we truly love God we want to please Him..and we learn how to do that by learning all we can about His wonderful light, about His wonderful love for us. 
 
When we love others it shows in what we do.  When we love God it shows in what we do. 
 
Has there ever been somebody in your family that you loved because you were suppose to?  But if you had a choice you would never choose that person to spend time with?  Do you really love them... or do you say you love them because that is what others expect of you?  Do you even know them enough to really love them??  Or are they just there and  you speak to them on Holidays?
 
I did that for so long...I loved God because I was suppose to.  I didn't know God enough to love God.  I didn't know God enough to truly know how much He loves me.  I had a book about Him in my house and never really picked it up to find out all that I could about God.  I loved God because I didn't want to go to Hell.  I didn't know God enough to truly love God.  I look back now and it scares me! It saddens my heart to think that I treated God that way!!  I ignored somebody that loves me so much until I needed Him... then I expected Him to really love me back.  I expected God to really love me, to love me with His actions when I only loved Him with my words.  When I did that I was hiding away in such darkness. 
 
I learned to really love God when I took time to really know God.  And each day as I read, and each day as I read more I love God more and more.  The more I love God the more I want to know and the better I want to be.  God met me where I was and took my hand and fed me little bits here...and little bits there and watched me grow.  God is so gracious that way.. He knows it takes a while to take it all in ... in fact He tells us in His word that he will be working on what he started in  us until the day of Jesus' return. He helps us grow... we just have to show Him that we want to... we have to make the effort to get to know God ... when we do He will step in and help us know Him more and more and more. When we fall in love with God... we just can't get enough of Him!! 
 
For so long I had myself fooled!  I thought I loved God. Now I can see His changes in me.. now I want to know more and more and more. My actions show that my love for God is real. My actions are not for the world they are for me to see... for me to know. 
 
God is not saying show me you love me!!!! Prove it!!!!  He is saying please don't be fooled ... if you actions don't show that you love me there is something missing.  Find out what is missing ... I don't want to loose you  to the darkness.   God is not saying prove it to me!!  God is saying look at yourself and if your actions don't show that you love me ... you are in trouble... I want you to recognize that!!  I love you!!  I want you to be safe. Please take time and get to know Me so you can love me!!  When you love Me I can save you!!! 
 
 

No comments: