I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 5, 2012

11.5.12

Psalm 105:37-38 The Lord brought his people out of Egypt, loaded with silver and gold; and not one among the tribes of Israel even stumbled.  Egypt was glad when they were gone, for they feared them greatly.
 
My Thoughts
When I read this verse I thought, "Look what happens when God is on your side!" They not only left the captivity of slavery...they left with treasures. They were bogged down with treasures!!  Look it even tells us that no one among the tribes of Israel even stumbled.  God gave them the strength they needed.  And, and, their enemies feared them greatly.
 
What does this tell us about our lives?... about today?  It tells us that if we keep our eye on God...if we love God with all our hearts that when He needs to rescue us He will, when He needs to protect us, He will. It tells us that when we stand with God against our enemies will will not only walk away, we will walk away with a prize!! 
 
God loves us so much! He does not want to see us hurt or hurting. He has so much He wants to give us.  When we choose to walk with God, to love God, to spend time with God. We get the extra blessing of living under the protection of the Almighty!!

No comments: