I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11.13.12

Hebrews 11:23 It was by faith that Moses' parents hid him for three months when he was born.  The saw that God had given them an unusual child, and that they were not afraid to disobey the king's command.
 
My Thoughts
I love this! Moses' parents defied a king to honor God. Look what happened!  Not only did Moses live...but his mom got to be his nurse, she got to raise him... he had his mom to love him and he had all the treasures of being a prince...then, then he became a great man, a great leader... all because his parents had faith!!  Oh the stories his mom must have told him when he was old enough...and oh how those stories of faith must have molded him and shaped him to be a man of faith himself!! 
 
This story tells me at least two things... that when we honor God the blessing that He sends down on us for honoring him are far more than we can imagine. Those stories of faith in our own lives need to be passed down to our children and grandchildren to grow their faith. We need to stay aware and notice God and what He does in our lives...we need to remember what He does for us and share it with our children and grandchildren so their faith can grow strong.  We need to remember so our faith will stay strong.  Oh and yes...these stories of old...we need to read them over and over again until we understand their importance so that they will grow our faith.
 
The faith of Moses' parents did so much... it set them free, it set their whole family free, it set their friends free... it set a nation of people free... it put in motion so many of the great miracles of God, years before they happened that teach us even today how mighty our God is! It saved their son, it gave a mother back  her child. We never know how important our acts of faith may become!

No comments: