I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11.14.12

Psalm 121:1&7 Praise the Lord! How joyful are those who fear (extreme reverence or awe) the Lord and delight in obeying his commands. They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust in the Lord to care for them.
 
My Thoughts
I love this...the more I know God... the more  I am aware that it is God who is taking care of me... the more I am able, when bad news comes, to say, "Ok God I know that you are bigger than this!"  I use to have anxiety all the time... sometimes it would be constant for days even weeks on end.  My mother had it... all her brothers and sisters had it... I thought that I was just destined to live that way. At times  when my anxiety was at it worse, when it was a constant, when something new and scary would happen my body reacted with panic.  If you have never had a panic attack it is hard to put it into words...but they are awful and can come on you so suddenly.  They are much like those scenes in horror movies where the room seems to rush up on you all of the sudden and then your heart starts beating really hard and really fast and you feel like you can't move. I heard it described this way once that it was like being locked in a dark closet and somebody screaming fire and you can't get out.  Anyway the  more I learned to trust God the more my fear went away.  I have a wonderfully sweet husband... who was sweet from the start and still is... he takes wonderful care of me..but even he with all his love and care could not make those attacks go away. But God did.  The more I knew God and the more I trusted God the better and better that got.  It was slow at first at first the panic went away...then the anxiety got less and less and less. My anxiety could start over the smallest thing...now those little things...well they are just that little things that happen and don't change anything about my life. Before something small could make me so afraid that I was useless to anybody... the devil had me right where he wanted me... all he had to do was say boo! And I was useless! I gave him so much power by not trusting in God. 
 
Now I rarely have an anxiety attack and it has been a long time since I had a panic attack.  Even when big things happen!  Every once in a while I begin to feel a little anxious... it was such a way of life before that it can sometimes take me a few hours to realize what is happening...when I do I use God's word and I tell the devil... God is with me, God loves cares about me, I am fearfully and wonderfully made, God knows the numbers of hairs on my head, God cares about my needs and even the desires of my heart! Then I begin to praise God and thank God...and all that anxiety goes away. I feel it, that peace that passes all understanding settling over me.. so real that I can feel it start at my head and move down into my body to the bottom of my feet.
 
The Bible tells us to constantly renew our minds in Romans 12:2. I have learned that reading God's word each day keeps me in a good place.  It reminds me that God loves me and is in control when I let Him be.  God does not want me to have fear and anxiety..and when I give my all to God I don't have fear and anxiety. Each day I trust God with more of me and each day my life gets better.  I am so thankful to be in a place where I understand this verse!!  And I see it's fruits in my life!!

No comments: