I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, November 8, 2012

11.8.12

Ezekiel 19:30-32 Therefore, I will judge each of you, O people of Israel, according to your actions, says the Sovereign Lord. Repent, and turn from your sins. Don't let them destroy! Put all your rebellion behind you, and find yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O people of Israel? I don't want you to die, says the Sovereign Lord. Turn back and live!
 
My Thoughts
Look.. God says right here "I don't want you to die!!" God even puts the Holy Spirit inside of us to direct us to do good, to prompt us, to remind us to help us know what is good and what isn't.  God gives us every opportunity and He even sent Jesus to die for all the times we mess up. God loves us so much and He WANTS US to live forever in a beautiful heaven with Him.  It is so important to understand that no matter what we have done God wants us and loves us. All He ask is that we turn in His direction, that we move toward Him by doing out best to do the right things...and doing our best to get better and better and better at doing what is right. I loved when I finally "got it" that God didn't love me because I was good.... He wanted me to be good because He loves me!!! He loves us all!!
 

No comments: