I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11.7.12

Proverbs 27:7 A person who is full refuses honey, but even bitter food tastes good to the hungry.
 
My Thoughts
When we are hungry for Godly wisdom, for God's word and all that it teaches us even the hard parts come across as blessings. We can see the love of God shinning through all parts.  But when we our minds and hearts get too full of worldly things even the grandest promises of God will not matter to us. 
 
God's goal is to get us to heaven to live with Him where we are protected from evil totally 100 percent protected... a place where He can shower us with a love that we can not even comprehend here on earth.  God wants to keep us from the pain and darkness of hell.. from the demons and the fire.   If we can love Him surrounded by wonderful things then we get to be blessed by wonderful things here on earth.  But if we let "things" fill us so full that we refuse God's sweetness God puts us in a place where we can see His face. Not because He doesn't love us... but because he loves us so much and knows how important it is for us to seek His face and turn from the devil.
 
It is like a child that will not stay out of the road.  We don't want to punish then... we don't want to spank them.... we want to just be able to say.. you can stay out and play if you will stay out of the road....but if punishment is what it takes to keep them from loosing their life then that punishment is an act of great love even tho it is hard, so hard to do.  A good parent does it anyway, for the sake of the child, because they love that child so much.   God does not want us to loose our lives to darkness to death, to the fires of hell.  If He can tell us to stay out of the road while we play on our swing set then we get to play... but if he has to take everything away to keep us safe it is worth it. Because in the end He will give us so much more than time on a swing set. 
 
We need to stay hungry for God so hungry that even the bitter is easy to swallow... so hungry that we understand that sometimes God has to do things to get our attention... so hungry that when God does do something to get our attention that we look up into the heavens and say God thank you for loving me so much!!

No comments: