I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 20, 2012

11.20.12

Proverbs 28:2 To reject the law is to praise the wicked; to obey the law is to fight them.
 
My Thoughts
To me this says that every choice we make send praise... we are either sending praises to God and fighting evil or we are sending praises to the devil and rejecting good.  We like to believe it is not as black and white as all of that...but this verse tells us different.  My MawMaw..oh I loved my MawMaw.. lived in a time where they saw things as good or bad, black or white. There was no grey! Today we make everything so grey...so perfectly in the middle grey that life is actually much harder. When things were black and white everything was pretty much cut and dry. It was okay to do if if feel under good.. not okay if it fell under bad.  Now we go about making decisions that seem okay, that are okay to society and live with the guilt afterwards, we live with the confusion of living in the grey. If TV says that is is okay, we think it must be. Oh OHHHHHH how much trouble that could get us into!!  To my grandmother a lie was a lie... now we tend to think a white lie is ok... isn't the term white lie an oxymoron? If you mixed white and lie together to make a color wouldn't it be grey? 
 
I think that grey color draws us in... we step into that part that is more white than black and we feel safe.... then before we know it the light grey we are standing in looks white... so we thing we can step into a darker grey. The grey pulls us in... is it the top of the darkness where the light still touches...but it is still the darkness... the darkness... just a drop of it changes things. 
 
In James it tells us that if we are a friend of the world we are and enemy of God.  Living in the grey is living in the world.  We carefully put the "big sins" in the area of BLACK...and we often put the "little sins" in the area of grey.  But here it tells us that if reject the law... if we reject what God ask us to do we are praising evil.  So in turn if we choose to follow God's way we are praising God.  When we choose God we are fighting against all evil!! 
 
Every action we take is us choosing good or choosing evil.... mixing the two up is choosing evil. My MawMaw was right, it is black and white there is no middle. When I put it in the context of God seeing my actions as praise.... when He looks down on me I want Him to see me praising only Him. 
 
Dear God, today I am deciding not to live in the grey... I want to live in your light, in your bright white light. I want only to praise you. If you see me failing please whisper in my heart so that I can see that I am walking in muddy water.  Help me see the black from the white in all the decisions that I make.  In Jesus precious name, Amen

No comments: