I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11.6.12

Proverbs 27:4 Anger is cruel, and wrath is like a flood, but jealousy is even more dangerous.
 
My Thoughts
I am reminded of James 4:2 where it says,  "You want what you don't have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can't get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it."
 
I have read James several times...trying to get it deep into me.... where it becomes a part of me.  Verse 4:2 I read over quickly I wasn't killing anybody or waging ware...I was not picking fights.  Then one day I read it and thought about how when we want what others have... or even the things we see on TV.  When we are jealous that somebody might have something we don't have we kill our joy!  We kill our peace! We kill our ability to even stop and think of others!  Anger we can see, wrath usually passes quickly...but jealousy slithers around and catches us off guard.
 
If  you stop and think about it jealousy is the cause of so much... anger and wrath are more often the result of something...but jealousy is the cause of so much.  Jealousy can cause anger and wrath... jealousy is like a thief.  Think about it jealousy can actually rob us of all of the fruits of the spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 tells us that the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, and self-control. Jealousy takes away all of these!! Every one!! 
 
We should never, ever, ever let our wants rob us love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness or self-control.  When we feel our wants taking away any of the fruits of the Spirit in our lives it needs to remind us that we have crossed over into jealousy, then we need to remember that jealousy is even worse than anger or wrath and stop it in it's tracks.
 
 

No comments: