I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, November 1, 2012

11.1.12

Hebrews 3:16-19
And who was it who rebelled against God, even though they heard his voice? Wasn’t it the people Moses led out of Egypt? And who made God angry for forty years? Wasn't it the people who sinned, whose corpse lay in the wilderness? And to whom was God speaking when He took an oath that they would never enter his rest? Wasn't it the people who disobeyed him? So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter His rest.

My Thoughts

Here is what I have learned. I can't believe what I don't know.... and it is up to me to learn it! For so long the only part I truly knew was that Jesus died for my sins and if I believed in Him and asked Him into my heart I could go to heaven. I heard that part, I knew that part, I believed that part... I wanted to believe that I would go to heaven. But because I didn't know all the other wonderful things God could and would do for me... I was not able to be a part of all of that. Not being able to be a part of the peace of God made me question if I, me, Jeannie was really going to heaven. What I didn't know...I couldn't believe in...what I didn't believe in I couldn’t get.
There are so many, many "if's" and "then's" in the Bible. God tells us all the time, "If you do this, I will then give you this." The better I get at the doing...the more of the treasures I receive. Don’t get me wrong...I can't work my way into heaven...to get to heaven I have to believe in Jesus, ask forgiveness of my sins, and ask Jesus to come into my heart. I can't work my way into heaven...that is a gift from God, it is God's grace giving me what I could never earn. But there are so many, many other gifts of salvation. Once you learn what they are and you do the "if's," "then" get start reaping all the rewards that God loves to shower down.
God's rest comes from giving God control of my life. Learning to say, "Here I am God." The more I give God my thoughts, my words, my feet, my hands, my heart, my thanks‘, my praise. The more rest I feel because I know that God has my life in His hands and He is going to provide all my needs!! And on top of that He cares about the desires of my heart and He will give those to me if they are good for me.
There is a couple at my church, Terry and Dot Lewis. They love the Lord so much... He needed a lung to live, they believed! They believed that God would provide. He would make Terry's lungs better or make sure he had a new lung. They never gave up...they always had such peace. Terry got sicker and sicker and they still believed, they showed such peaces and rest. This week Terry got his new lung...and is doing wonderful. His progress after his transplant is amazing. When they took him back to do surgery they realized that Terry was closer to deaths door than even the doctors knew. Terry was in his final hours of life. If he had not believed and if he had not rested in God Terry may have used up that energy that kept him going, but Terry and Dot knew that God's plan was a good plan...they kept believing. Today Terry has a new lung. Dot and Terry knew God's promises and they believed.
If we what all that God has for us... we have to believe in God and His promises.... to believe in those promises we have to know them and understand what they are. "If we take the time to learn and believe "then" we get to have all the blessings of God.
Each day I know more... each day I believe more... each day my life gets better and better... each day I am more rested because more and more and more of my hope ... more and more of my life I place in God's hands.
If you want that kind of rest I beg of you to find a Bible that you can understand and start reading it... If you want to know.. all you have to do is pick up your Bible and tell God you want to understand and each day you will understand a little more and a little more and a little more.. Then one day you when you wake up for your sleep you will feel that smile on your face and that peace in your heart that only comes from trusting in God. It is amazing!!

No comments: