I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, November 4, 2012

11.4.12

Proverbs 27:1 Don't brag about tomorrow, since you don't know what the day will bring.
 
My Thoughts
In James 4:13-16 it says that boasting about tomorrow and all that we are going to do is evil.  We are also told that in Matthew 6:34 not to worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has enough troubles of it's own.  Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God has plans for us, plans for our future plans to prosper us, good plans not evil plans. Plans for a future and plans that will give us hope.
 
We don't know what tomorrow brings for us... but God does!  He loves us! He wants us to live in this day, today and take it all in. When we worry and plan for tomorrow we miss so much that today has for us!  We need to live wisely like there will be a tomorrow but beyond that we are to do our best today! We are to love God like there will not be a tomorrow! 
 
One Wednesday night at Church we were talking about not sinning and the question was asked if we could go without sinning. In John 3:11 Jesus tells the woman at the well to "Go forth and sin no more." He doesn't tell her to go forth and try not to sin, He tells her to sin no more. He would not tell her to do something that is impossible.  I thought about this for a long time and I thought "For one day I could not sin...but not for a lifetime."  How much better could we be at not sinning, at all, if we lived one day at a time?  If we didn't think about tomorrow and left it in God's hands?
 
So often when I feel overwhelmed it is when I am thinking way to far ahead. Those thoughts of I will never get this done by this time or that time.  Oh, how am I going to accomplish all of that? In 24 hours there is only so much that I can do.  If I plan just for today I won't get bogged down with worry and I can do so much more!  If tomorrow comes to mind I need to ask myself only this question, "Is there anything that I can do today that will make that easier?" If the answer is no I need to focus on just today... if the answer is yes then I need to focus on just what I can do today.  As hard as a bad day can sometimes be we can get through one day at a time.  Just think how much easier it would be to get through if we don't put all of our tomorrows on our shoulders.. if we just leave those tomorrows in God's hands. 
 
God is always telling us how to make our lives easier, better.  Living in today seems to be pretty important. Living in today will make every day of our lives better. God has only our best interest in his heart. He says today is important all by itself.  We don't know what tomorrow brings for us. God does know what tomorrow brings for us ... we are so much more protected when we leave it all in His hands!
 
I so needed this reminder!

 

No comments: