I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 27, 2012

11.27.12

2 Peter 1:5-7 (The Message) So don’t lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others. With these qualities active and growing in your lives, no grass will grow under your feet, no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus. Without these qualities you can’t see what’s right before you, oblivious that your old sinful life has been wiped off the books.
 
My Thoughts
Once we ask Jesus into our hearts we have work to do.  God helps us...but we have to make the effort!!  The effort to learn all we can about God's love... living right... disciplining ourselves to grow in knowledge...and practice what we have learned.  We have to work at being patience and friendly and loving... active in growing our lives.  In verse 11 it tells us that if we do this we will never fall away. In the NIV version Romans 12:2 tells us to "renew our minds daily." 
 
I have learned that I learn so much by reading my Bible every day.  I have only been doing this for the last 3 years.  So much I think I will do then I read again and realize I forgot.  If I keep reading one day it will drop into my spirit!!  I also find that for me picking out a scripture that speaks to me and writing about it makes me able to find ways to apply that scripture to my daily life.  Slowly I am growing.
 
The wonderful thing about God is that if we make the effort, He makes our effort count.  God will make us able!  God's word says that if we seek wisdom, wisdom will be added to us (Proverbs Chapter 2).  Over these last few years I have learned that if I truly do my best... God will make me able.  I have also learned that when I am not able to do what God ask...that I am not putting my best effort forward.  Sometimes it takes a while for that to click..but when it does click and I start doing my best... God always does the rest.  God makes us able we just have to show God that we have the desire!! 
 
I beg of you... I wish somebody had begged me when I was younger... I beg of you.. please make time to read some scripture ever day... renew your minds.. it helps keep us on track!  God honors the time we take for Him by helping us accomplish all that we thought we couldn't if we stopped to read His word!! 
 
 

No comments: