I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, November 21, 2012

11.21.12

Psalm 119:1-5 Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey the laws and search for him with all their hearts.  They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully.  Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees!
 
My Thoughts
Joy is defined as the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.
 
So many of us walk around miserable and wonder why.  I did...I had all I have now but was somehow missing joy. The appearance of my life has not changed much at all. But the appearance of my face has!!  I have always loved and been very proud of my children...I have always had a very special husband...but I was missing joy!!  I asked Jesus into my heart at 9... I dedicated my life to God over and over...but somehow I missed out on knowing God and on understanding how doing what He ask me to do could change my life.  I don't know where the disconnect was all that time.
 
I was never totally miserable... well some days I was... and I had moments of great joy.  But now I can feel great joy in the mist of my biggest problems and my deepest sorrows.  Each day when I pick up my Bible and read it...and then pick a verse to write about, to truly ponder to explore and think about... to get into my brain enough to change something about my life... each day that I do that my joy grows!!!  I look back at me 3 years ago before I started this journey and look at me now and marvel at how much my life has changed. I marvel at the joy I feel...I am amazed at how much it saddens me to think that I might have disappointed God.  Then I am amazed when He forgives me and whispers to me through the Holy Spirit inside me how to do it better next time.  I am amazed that God loves me so much that He will help me get better at doing what He ask of me.... and that He gives me such joy for my effort!  After I look back and see how I have grown....I look so forward to the joy I will feel in three more  years... you won't be able to hold my feet on the ground!!
 
Joy it is ours for the taking!!  All we have to do is follow God's law...not try and twist it and change it to fit into the world...but to follow it as God would have us to...then joy just falls down from heaven... it we could see it I imagine it would look much like glitter falling.. it would shine and sparkle and stick to us... everywhere and then it would be under our feet so we could walk on it too. 
 

No comments: