I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 12, 2012

11.12.12

Hebrews 11:1-2 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in the days of old earned a good reputation.
 
My Thoughts
All it takes for our faith to start growing is having just a little of it to begin with. Then we need to make sure and pay attention. As things start to happen in our lives through our faith, our faith grows. The more times that I stop and pray, "God, I am putting this in your hands, I know you will take care of it." And He does, and I stop at take time to notice that it was God the stronger my faith is the next time and the faster I put my problems and situations in God's hands.
 
Just think how much faith the priest and prophets of old had to have to tell kings and nations of people the things that were about to happen to them!! So often the news they were taking would have gotten them killed if God had not been their protector!!  Then God would do what he promised, promises he sent down through the prophets and priest. The people would learn to believe the words of the prophets and priest.  God made sure that they had a good reputation. 
 
When I stop and think about the people I know with good reputations I realize that they are the godly people I know.  And one thing I know about those people is that they have such faith in God!!  Their faith comes from knowing God and His word so much that they know what to believe in. They know God's voice in their hearts. They know God's word enough not to be deceived by Satin. These are the special people I can go to for advice and trust that advice.
 
Our faith produces so much... the more our faith grows the more gives we are able to receive from God.  God cares about every part of our lives and the more parts we give over to Him in faith the more He is able to do for us...and in the end He even makes sure that we have a good reputation!! 

No comments: