I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hebrews 5:7 While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God.
 
My Thoughts
I looked up the meaning of reverence... here is how it was defined....
1.
a feeling or attitude of deep respect tinged with awe; veneration.
2.
the outward manifestation of this feeling: to pay reverence.
3.
a gesture indicative of deep respect; an obeisance, bow, or curtsy.
 
To revere someone we need to feel it and show it in our actions.  If we feel it we will be in constant contact with God throughout our day.  We show it by our actions...by doing what God would have us do.  By asking ourselves before we act, "Would this please God?"
 
God heard Jesus' prayers because Jesus had a deep reverence for God.  Have you ever felt your prayers were only getting as high as the ceiling?  I have!  It is not because God is not willing to hear.. it is because we have failed to show God our reverence for Him. 
 
We don't have to be perfect!  God sent Jesus because we are so far from perfect.  But we do have to love God. Truly love God not just say we do.  We have to believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again on the third day.  Then we show God we love Him by spending time with Him, always learning. Then we put what we have learned into action. 
 
This verse doens't say God heard Jesus because Jesus was Jesus... or because Jesus was perfect...it says that God heard Jesus because Jesus had a deep reverence for God.  If we look back at David and his life... God listend to the prayers of David and David was far from perfect. But, David always, always revered God.  God heard David's prayers.
 
If we think God is not hearing our prayers we need to stop and ask ourselves, "Have I show God how much I love him? Have I given God the reverence He so deserves?"

No comments: