I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10.31.12

Good  morning!!  There were so many good things in my Bible reading today!!  I just had a hard time picking what I wanted to write about.  I finally decided on Hebrews 2:16-18 because it is so important to our lives.  If we get it into our spirit we can go to Jesus with everything.  But if you get the chance read Psalms 103... it is so uplifting!! It will just make you happy!!
 
Hebrews 2:16-18 We also know that the Son did not come to help angels; He came to help the descendants of Abraham (us). Therefore, it was necessary for Him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers ans sisters, so that He could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then He could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. (This next part is the part we need to really get!) Since He, Himself has gone through suffering and testing, He is able to help us when we are being tested!!
 
My Thoughts
Jesus Know!  Jesus Gets It! Jesus Understands!  He knows all that we are going through, Jesus knows how hard it is here on earth. We can tell Him anything!!  We grow stronger when we learn to go to Jesus as soon as we are tempted, because Jesus understands temptation!!  So often, I believe, we are ashamed when we are tempted, then we don't ask for help from Jesus and we fall into that temptation.  When we get it that even Jesus was tempted and learn to go to Jesus as soon as we want to do something we know we shouldn't, even and especially those things we are tempted with that we would not share with anybody!!  When we go to Jesus when we are tempted He understands that temptation and makes us strong enough to say no!!  He tells us how to say no! The minute we go to Jesus with our temptation we become stronger against it.  If we will tare down that wall of our shame in temptation and talk to Jesus about everything... it will save us from a multitude of sins!!
 
PS
So often when I am tempted I say you don't need to do this Jeannie... you shouldn't do this Jeannie. And I fail!  When what I needed to do was say, "Jesus I so bad want to do _____________ and I know it is wrong, please help me be strong!"

No comments: