I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 19, 2012

10.19.12

1 Timothy 4:13 Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers and teaching them.

My Thoughts
This is in a letter from Paul to Timothy.  From what I understand in these times so many people didn't read and the Bible had not been put together.  People had access to copied scrolls of God word.  The scrolls were read allowed to the people. It is the only way they had access to God's word.

Here Timothy was suppose to focus on reading God's word to the people... the people were suppose to focus on hearing it.  They were to encourage each other, teach each other and learn from each other.   
 
Today we have God word available in so many ways.. in so many easy to understand translations.  We have God's word at our fingertips online.  Most homes have more than one Bible sitting somewhere on a shelf or tucked away in a drawer.  We can put God's word on our Notebooks and our Smart Phones. 
 
There has always, always been a Bible in my home...yet I went for years without picking it up and truly reading it.  A wealth of knowledge and answers to all my problems were here in my house and I didn't take the time to pick up the handbook and read.  But when finally did wonderful things began to happen.  Wonderful things.
 
Here we are commanded to focus on reading the Scriptures and today we don't have to wait on anybody to read it to us!!  We are so blessed that we live in a country where we have the freedom to read God's word.  God's word has the wonderful, amazing power to protect us, but only if we know what it says!!  It is beyond important that we know God's word enough for it to drop down into our hearts.  The only way to know God's word that good is to read and read and read!  We have so much to learn and learning take our determination, our time and an effort on our part.  But once we pick up that Bible with a sincere heart to know what God wants us to know, God does the rest. God makes us able to understand and with  understanding of all that wonderful knowledge comes amazing change.
 
When we study God's word and grow in Him, He will send down blessing from heaven that we didn't even know to want!! 

No comments: