I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, October 13, 2012

10.13.12

James 2:2-4 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
 
My Thoughts
Yesterday I worked on memorizing verses 1-9 of James.  I am not good at memorization so I had to go over and over and over...... and over these words.  The more I said them, the more I thought about them. 
 
I kept thinking about what endurance meant in these verses.  I came to the conclusion that it meant my ability to keep my faith in God. To put my life and all my decisions in His hands.
 
So it could read... When troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For when bad things are happening you have an opportunity to fully depend on God, to believe in Him, to trust Him, to listen to Him and to act on what He tells you to do.  For when you are able to do that, when your dependence is totally in God, you are perfect and complete and need nothing.
 
What I have to learn to do is to give God my everything..my good times and my troubles. My thoughts, my words, my actions. When I do that I will be totally under the protection of God and I won't need a thing. 

No comments: