I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, October 14, 2012

10.14.12

Psalms 84:11 For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.  He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.

My Thoughts
I love this verse... in fact the more I read God's word the more verses I love!  Just thing about these words.. the sun lights up everything that it shines on. When we love God, his love shines on us.  A shield protects you from the enemy... God protects us from our enemies when we love Him.  He gives us His grace to make us able to do things we could never do on our own. Then He gives us glory for doing what He accomplished through us.  Then when we do what is right, what God gives us His grace to do He withholds no good thing from us!  How special is that!! If we are living in God's grace doing what is right and we don't have something it is only, only because at this time in our lives it would not be something that was good for us. 
 
God loves us so much. Just in this verse we can see all the love God has for us. It makes me happy!!

No comments: