I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 22, 2012

10.22.12

Psalm 90:14-16 The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer.  I will be with them in times of trouble. I will rescue and honor them.  I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation."
 
My Thoughts
These verses come from a prayer of Moses, yes Moses.  What is so wonderful is that these words are still true today. God keeps on rewarding us with His promises.  His promises are forever!!... Notice that God does not say that "I will rescue those who are perfect and never mess up." God just ask us to love Him.  I love this part... we have to trust in His name... God is so powerful that the mere mention of His name sends our enemy, Satin running.  So when the devil tells us things like, "You are worthless." We get to respond with God's name by saying, "God says that I am fearfully and wonderfully made!" When we love God and trust in His name our lives begin to change in amazing ways!!  When we love God and trust in His name then He will answer us, he will be with us in times of trouble.. He will even honor us and reward us with a long life and give us His salvation. All we have to do is love Him and trust in His name!! 
 
You might ask, "How do I love God?"  It is hard to love somebody you do not know.  The more we know God the more we love Him... you just can't help yourself!!  I use to think I loved God because I spoke the words.  I was taught about and I was suppose to love God so I said that I did.  When I picked up my Bible and started reading it... I begin to truly know God... and the more I learn about God, the more I am able to recognize God because I know God, the more I know He loves me and the more I love Him back.  The more I know God the more I trust in the power of His name.. the more I trust in the power of His name the more I live under His protection.  It all started with God's word. Life just gets more amazing every day!! These promises go all the way back to Moses. These promises go all the way back to Adam.... God had these promises for us before He even spoke the world into existence.  These promises are for us today, for me and for you as much as they were for Moses. Our part... Love God and trust in His name!

No comments: