I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, October 20, 2012

10.20.12

Psalms 25:26 If the godly give in to the wicked, it's like polluting a fountain or muddying a spring.
 
My Thoughts
Oh wow!!  This is huge! And we need to take note of it.  You can't pollute just part of the fountain... and if you put mud in a spring all the water is effected.  We as people can't compartmentalize our lives and think it is ok to be "not so good" in one place and a "saint" at another place.  If we hang out with the wrong people on Friday and Saturday and go to church all smiles on Sunday we are still sinners. 
 
I know, I know! We are all sinners and make mistakes.  But those sins that we knowing do...those things we do on purpose, the ones we think about and say, "I know this is wrong but I am going to do it anyway." Those are the sins that change us... they are the ones that suck us in.  They are the sins the Satin later uses against us to keep us from drawing close to God.  Those are the sins that make us feel such shame that we run and hide from God.  Those sins are so dangerous to our well being. Those sins effect our whole lives. 
 
The sins that we commit, the ones that we are working on daily... the ones we can go to God with and say, "Please forgive me God, I am trying to do better!!  I just need your grace to grow even more." Those kinds of sins, even though they are still sins..  can be conquered. 
 
The other sins...the ones we knowing, willfully do on purpose...those sins jepordize our relationship with God! No because God won't forgive us... but because they are the sins Satin uses to drag us in so deep that we don't turn back to God. 
 
God, oh God he is so gracious! He forgives all of our sins...He gives us His grace to make us able to overcome anything.  Our wonderful God sees all sins as sin.  And He sent Jesus, our wonderful Jesus to die for any sin we commit. 
 
God can make the bitterest water clean... he did it for the Israelites in the desert ... we need to stay in constant contact with God so that He refreshes our spring and it never gets so muddy that we can't look up from the bottom and see Him.

No comments: