I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 24, 2012

10.24.12

2 Timothy 2:25-26 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will changes those people's hearts, and they will learn the truth. Then the will come to their senses and escape from the devil's trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants. 
 
My Thoughts
This is the line that really struck my heart, "For they have been held captive by him (the devil) to do whatever he want."   It made me think of Matthew 5:44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!  People are never our enemies, the devil is our enemy.  He will use any means that he thinks will work to get out mind and our actions off of God and what God desires for our lives.
 
It always saddens me when something awful happens... somebody shoots up a crowded place or somebody kills a child and I hear people say, "They will burn in hell for that!" I hear Christians say this. When what happened to these people is that the devil held these people captive. Somehow the devil was able to get such a hold on these people that he caused them to do terrible things!! God's word tells us in several places, James chapter 4 comes to mind, that a sin is a sin..that if we want forgiveness we have to be forgiving of others.  We surly don't need to damn them to hell. We need to send up prayers that their lives are changed. We need to be sad for them that Satin got such a hold on their lives that they got lost enough to do terrible acts. When we all react with unkindness the devil has killed many, many birds and only used one stone. Not only has he cause one human to do a terrible thing...he has cause thousands of us to react with hate or indifference.  If we reacted by getting on our knees and praying for the victims and the killer, a victims of Satin himself, Satin would loose interest in cause such devastation. 
 
We need to be totally aware that bad things come from Satin.. not people. We need to get on our knees and ask God to help us all to stand against Satin.  We need to pray for our enemies ... we need to pray for those people so lost that the only voice they hear is Satin's voice.  Our prayers for the people that we see as enemies can have a huge impact on our lives... Our prays can change the world.  We just have to learn to pray like Jesus teaches us to pray.  It is easy to pray for the people we loves and those prayers are good and wonderful prayers... just think how strong our prayers will become when we begin to pray for the unlovable. We need to be a part of loosening the chains of Satin... no people who add another link to the chain. 

No comments: