I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3.4.12

Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds ad you live in Christ Jesus.
 
My Thoughts
My grandmother was a worrier, my mom was a worrier... I was destine to be a worrier.  If you just met me you might think that I am a bit of a worrier.   But if you have know me for even a few years you could see the wonderful change God has brought about in me!!  Sometimes I hold on to that worry, like the more that I worry the better chance there is for something to work out!! Or maybe it is more of a "I need to worry to show I care type of thing." I do remember my mother fussing at me before because I was not worried...oh she was so upset at me for not worrying. How could I not become a worrier, after all it showed I cared!! I became an expert at worrying.. I could worry about not having anything to worry about.  I couldn't function and still can function very well at all when I let myself get consumed with worry. It freezes me, stops me in my tracks. It puts me right where Satin wants me unable to do for myself or for others.
 
I have grown though!  I give everything to God now!..Sometimes I take it back and have to give it to Him over and over again... but eventually I let God keep it and when I do everything works out, because God is busy taking care of me and what I was worried about.  Sometimes it is something that makes me go right into panic mode...and I find that I have been worried for several days and at some point I calm down enough to hear the Holy Spirit telling me to "give it to God." Every time that I stop and give my worries to God I feel this wonderful peace come over me...a peace that is unexplainable and I can get on with my life. I can again move out of that circle that I have put me in the center of and I be aware of the people and things around me. I can hear God again.
 
How do I get there you may ask... I have learned that when I don't know what to pray.. when I don't have the thoughts or words I just start praising God..I praise Him and tell Him that I know that He knows my needs and that I am giving them to Him.  That is when God takes over best, those times I have no idea at all what I should do...because those are the times I have to let go completely and let God work his love into the situation. 
 
I am amazed every day as I watch myself grow in this area...the more I see God take care of me...the faster I give my problems over to Him to take care of.  The less I worry because I have God.... the less places I leave for the devil to sneak in and take over. 
 
Every day I am amazed at just how much God loves me!!  And the more I turn over to God the more I see His love in my life.  The wonderful thing is that God loves each and every one of us just the same... God will do amazing things in our lives if we just let Him. 

No comments: