I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 26, 2012

10.26.12

Psalm 97:7-9a Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise! Let the earth and all living things join in.  Let the rivers clap their hands in glee! Let the hills sing out their songs of joy before the Lord.
 
My Thoughts
I love this!! It makes me smile!!  I have not seen the ocean since I read this verse and another one that says almost the same thing...but last time Robby and our daughter Madison were in Florida (their father daughter trip) I called Robby and said, "Don't forget to stand by the ocean and listen, knowing those sounds are the ocean praising God!!" Now when the wind blows through the trees it makes me smile I think, when that happens, "The trees and the wind are praising God!"  Since I have come to love these verses I have actually been standing by one single tree and it shake with sound, how amazing is that!!  My sweet dog, Shaggy will sometimes just take off running all excited for no reason it seems... is he praising God?  I believe he is!!  If the ocean and the trees..the birds and the other animals know how to praise God... we should praise Him all the more...because He gives us so much!!  I challenge you...next time you hear the sounds that nature makes...stop and listen and know that nature itself is praising God.. it will give you goosebumps.. it will make your heart happy!!
 
 

No comments: