I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, December 1, 2012

12.1.12

1 John 2:15-17 Do not love this world or the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.  For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions.  Those are not from the Father, but are from this world.  And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave.  but anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
 
My Thoughts
For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions.  Wow!  If this was the only line we read in the Bible we would think that it was written today!!  We are so full of "I want, I want, I want"... and  so full of "Look what I have!" or "Look what I can do!!" How often do we really stop and say, "God you have given me this ability, what do you want me to do with it?" "God you have given me this money what do you want me to do with it?"  Instead we tend to say, "It's payday what can I get?"  "I want, I want, I want!"  We can have a closet full of clothes and see wanting a new outfit as a "need." We see having what our neighbor has as a need.  So many of us are so far removed from really needing anything that we don't know the difference between a need and a want. God has given us so much and we just keep wanting more.  It is heartbreaking of you think about it!!  How sad it must make God.  We just keep wanting bigger, better and more so, so often without stopping to say, "Thank you God for all that you have given me." 
 
What do we really "NEED?" All we really need besides God is a room that provides a roof over our head that has a fireplace... food in out tummy...and a warm outfit for our body and people to love and to love us back.  Yet we get way to busy for the people because we want so much more that a room, food and set of warm clothes.  We get way too busy getting and having more that we don't even take a minute in our day for God. 
 
It makes me think... what if we simplified our lives down to just a little more than what we need?   What if every time we bought something new, we gave up something to have it.  What if our houses were the size just to hold necessities?   How much more time would we have for God... how much more time would we have for people... how much more time would we have for love?? 
 
 

No comments: