I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, December 15, 2012

12.15.12

Micah 3:11-12 Your rulers make decisions based on bribes; your priest teach God's laws only for a price; you prophets won't prophesy unless you are paid. Yet all of you claim to depend on the Lord. "No harm can come to us," you say, "For the Lord is here among us." Because of you, Mount Zion will be plowed like and open field; Jerusalem will be reduced to ruins!
 
My Thoughts
Wow!!  Oh wow!!  We think in America that we are big and powerful... but we, like Jerusalem could be reduced to ruins in the blink of an eye!!  We CAN NOT go about thinking we will be protected by God if we are not doing what God ask us to do.  We can't continue to go to Chruch on Sunday and do what ever we please during the week and believe that we are living under God's protection.  We are lying to ourselves when we do that...and the lies we tell ourselves are the most dangerous lies of all. 

No comments: