I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, December 17, 2012

12.17.12

Proverbs 30:7-9 Oh God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die. First, Help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, "Who is the Lord?" And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name.
 
My Thoughts
"Give me just enough" don't you just love that! What wisdom!!  For each of us "just enough" is a different portion.  I believe that God would love to make us all rich, but not at the expense of our salvation!!
 
I am reminded of the story of the Shepard who had a little lamb that kept wandering away from the flock.  The tiny little lamb kept putting himself in harms way. The Shepard broke the legs of the lamb and carried him about on his shoulders.  All the while loving him, and feeding him until he was able to walk on his on again.  When the lamb was able to walk again, he loved and trusted the Shepard to keep him safe and fed, he wanted to be close to the Shepard.  What the Shepard took from that lamb for a time kept the lamb safe for a lifetime.  When the Shepard broke the legs of the little lamb it broke the Shepard's heart... and when the little lamb began to walk again in the safety of the Shepard it made his heart glad. 
 
Sometimes God keeps things from us to keep us safe. As we grow in Him and depend on Him, He is then able to give us more and more and more.  God has only our best interest at heart.  God knows our needs more than we do. 
 
I like to think that if God would entrust me with a million dollars that I would be honorable and do all the right things.  But when I am honest with myself...truly honest with me I know that I would be a bit too selfish.  It is not that I would spend it like there were no tomorrow.  Right now I feel like I have enough money in saving to keep me save in times of trouble.  But if I were given lots of money and got use to that big amount being my safety net... I would see the amount of money I have now as "not enough!"  I would become more dependent on that money for my safety.  I would trust in it instead of trusting in God.  So God keeps me in the safest place possible, a place where I put my trust in Him.  As I grow He gives me more and more and more.  But I still have so much growing to do. 
 
Some people...that if God gave them a million dollars, that million dollars would put them in ruins.  It would be a means to put themselves in such dept that they would never be able to climb out..they would not see that money as security they would see that money as a way to have the ability to put something else on credit...in the end they would be in more dept than ever without a penny to their names. 
 
God knows what is enough to keep me in line with His will and what so much that I will loose sight of Him.  He knows that about each and every one of us.  It is important that we love and trust God for exactly what we have!!  It is important that we learn to use exactly what God has given us in the wisest ways possible. In ways that are in keeping with His word.  It is vital that we keep our eyes on God and learn all that we can...and be all that we can be as His children.  When we do that ... when we grow in God... God is able to give us more and more and more blessings...but always just enough blessings to keep us safe in Him.

No comments: