I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12.18.12

Habakkuk 2:12-14  "What sorrow awaits you who build cities with money gained through murder and corruption! Has not the Lord of Heaven's Armies promised that the wealth of nations will turn to ashes? They work so hard, but all in vain! For as the waters fill the sea, the earth will be filled with an awareness of the glory of the Lord."

My Thoughts

We choose to live under the protection of God... or we choose to go it alone against the evil of the world.  Without God evil can take over completely.  It scares me for our country, when here even in "The Bible Belt" so many people don't go to church.  How few go to church in an area that is not considered "The Bible Belt?"  In Times Square in NYC there hangs a huge picture, stories high, of our Lord Jesus Christ that calls him a myth, this saddens my heart!!!  I am afraid that we are becoming a nations that so far away from God that as a Nation we have move out from under His protection.
 
God loves us so much!  Even when we forget about God, He never forgets us or stops loving us.
 
I have learned that all that God does for us He does out of love. His love is so amazing, so amazing that He even sent his Son down from Heaven to die for our sins. I can go through pain easier that I can see my children hurt. Imagine that, sending your child to die for stupid things other people just won't stop doing... yet God did just that! So many of my sins were stupid, stupid decisions....but Jesus died for even those sins.  God loves us no matter what!!  But sometimes we move so far away He has to get our attention.  Because He wants to protect our eternal soul from Hell...and bring us into a wonderful Heaven to be with Him, He sometimes has to go to great lengths to get our attention.  If He has to let us live completely without His protection to make us remember to be aware of His amazing Glory, He will do just that. Not because He doesn't love us...but because He loves us so very much. 
 
When we put God first He will never move that far away from us... so far that we know no protection. But because God gives us free will that choice is up to us. Just because we can choose to love God or not to love God doesn't mean that we should ever choose not to love God, ever!  We loose out on so much when we choose not to believe.  We loose out on a love that is so amazing that it knows no boundaries.  We loose out on a love that has nothing but our best interest at heart.  If we choose not to love God we step out from under the greatest protection we could possible have. 
 
We can save our nation by doing our part... by loving God and by expressing God's amazing love to others. We can no longer be complacent Christians. We have to be bold. We have to be bold enough to talk about right from wrong.. bold enough to be politically incorrect and be Godly correct.  And if somebody puts up a sign stories tall... we need to be bold enough to put one up right beside it that says, "My Jesus in not a myth!! My Jesus is real can I tell you about Him?" We have to start stepping up and stepping out. When one person takes a stand against God we need to build an army against that stand and stand up for God.  We can move our nation back under the protection of God...but we have to make a move...we have to use our voice... we have to make sure that God knows by our actions that we do love Him. 
 
 

No comments: